Summer is the perfect time for water games! Kids love to run around, get wet, and cool off on a hot day. There are so many different water games that you can play with kids, from simple games that require no equipment to more elaborate games that will keep them entertained for hours. Check out this list of games from Mommy Poppins for a whole host of ideas.
Water Games For Small Groups
- Water Balloon Scavenger Hunt: This is a fun and active game that will get kids searching for clues. Hide water balloons all over the yard or playground and give each kid a list of clues to help them find them. The first kid to find all of the water balloons wins.
- Water Balloon Tossing Contest: This is a fun game that will test your kids’ accuracy. Fill up some water balloons and have the kids take turns trying to toss them into a bucket or target. The person with the most water balloons in the bucket or on the target at the end of the game wins.
- Water Slide: This is a great way to cool off on a hot day. If you have a Slip ‘N Slide, set it up in the backyard and let the kids have fun sliding down. If you don’t have a Slip ‘N Slide, you can make your own by pouring a long line of water down a tarp.
Water Games For Large Groups
- Water Bucket Relay Race: This is a great game for a large group of kids. Set up two teams at opposite ends of a yard or driveway. Fill up two buckets with water and place one at each starting line. Place a second, empty bucket at the starting line as well. The first person on each team will run to the other bucket, fill it up with water, and then run back to their team and dump their water in the empty bucket. The next person on their team will then do the same thing, and so on. The first team to fill up their bucket wins.
- Sponge Toss: Cut up some sponges into small squares and divide the kids into two teams. The goal of the game is to toss the sponges onto the other team’s side without them falling off. The team with the most sponges on the other team’s side at the end of the game wins.
- Water War: Nothing says summer, like running around the backyard with squirt guns and water balloons. You can divide your kids into teams or have an every-man-for-himself showdown.
- Water Balloon Toss: This is a classic water game that is always a hit. Fill up some water balloons and divide the kids into two teams. The goal of the game is to toss the water balloons onto the other team’s side without them popping. The team with the most water balloons on the other team’s side at the end of the game wins.
You might also like: Learn How To Remove Pet Hair From Your Car
Water Game Tips
- Make sure to supervise kids at all times when they are playing with water.
- Choose games that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the kids.
- Provide plenty of water breaks, especially on hot days.
- Be sure to clean up any spills or messes after the games are over.
With a little planning and preparation, you can have a blast playing water games with kids all summer long!