Picture this – you and your family are huddled on the couch underneath a fleece blanket with the fire blazing in the background. Each one of you has a mug of apple cider or hot cocoa in your hand. On the table in front of you sits decorative holiday cookies. Everyone takes their favorite and enjoys s delicious snack as you watch your favorite Christmas film. Sounds nice, right?
This holiday season, prepare special cutout cookies with various shapes and sizes to add a spark of magic. You and your family will enjoy making cookies together as well as the beautiful colors and shapes. Keep reading to learn more about how to make easy holiday cutout cookies!
Make the Holiday Desserts Special This Year
If you want to do something extra this year, add a bit of flair to your holiday cookies! Don’t purchase the store brand, but make your own with your own ingredients. First of all, you’ll want to pick up some unique shapes of cookie cutouts. Some of the shapes we suggest include:
- Santa Hats
You don’t have to use only these cutouts. There are countless other shapes you can use – some even more delicate such as a sleigh or Christmas bells. No matter what shapes you decide on, your family will appreciate the fun cookies that look picture-perfect and taste great too!
In order to make cookies that taste great, you’re going to need specific ingredients. The flowing is a list of ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the frosting that you’ll decorate the cookies with, you’ll need the following:
- 4 to 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Food coloring of your choice
You might also like: Get Dancing At A Zumba Class!
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to get down to business and start making the cookies. Should follow this recipe:
- Mix the butter, shortening, and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Next, beat in the milk, extracts, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk baking soda and salt and flour. You’ll then divide the dough into four portions. Refrigerate covered until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit and roll the cookies out on a cooking sheet. cut the cookies with your pre-chosen holiday-themed cookie cutters.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and then let cool. Afterward, add vanilla, cream, and confectioners’ sugar in a different bowl. You can also add food coloring. Frost and decorate the cookies as you wish!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.